Welcome to my blog! Thanks for taking the time to check things out and I am hopeful that you will find the following posts helpful. I currently provide therapy to individuals over the age of 18 and would be happy to speak to you further about your counseling and mental health needs. My office is located in St. Charles, MO and I can be reached confidentially at 636-925-3808 or e-mail me at ldenisonlpc@gmail.com.







Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Really Feel For The Men in This World Sometimes….


My husband deserves a medal…sometimes. He is living in a house with three females. He’s outnumbered and I really worry about the hormonal mess our house will become in the years to come. He’s even joked about starting a club for fathers of only girls, which I can’t say is a bad idea. I’ll be sure to keep you posted if that ever happens.

Ok, to the point. The other day our sweet almost six year old was having a rough day. She was tired, things were not going her way and she was crying over something (I don’t remember the details as it happens often) and my husband attempted to talk to her and calm her down. Her response to him was “I don’t know why I’m crying!”

Welcome to womanhood kid, and she’s only six. As I said, I fear our house in a few short years with two girls! I took over the situation, as I know firsthand that feeling, and tried to explain later to my husband that sometimes female just have so much emotion, we don’t always know why the tears come or when they will end, or how soon until the next round. From the male point of view, that is the most foreign thing to even enter their mind. I wish I had a better way to explain it to help all you guys out there when your loved one is experiencing the same thing, but I don’t. However, I came across this quote the other day that sums it up best. So here is your food for thought on this Tuesday:

“Women Are Meant To Be Loved, Not To Be Understood”
By Oscar Wilde

So for all you men trying to understand women, it will never happen. Heck we don’t even understand ourselves half the time, but you fell in love with us for a reason and showing us love is the best thing you can do.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment