Welcome to my blog! Thanks for taking the time to check things out and I am hopeful that you will find the following posts helpful. I currently provide therapy to individuals over the age of 18 and would be happy to speak to you further about your counseling and mental health needs. My office is located in St. Charles, MO and I can be reached confidentially at 636-925-3808 or e-mail me at ldenisonlpc@gmail.com.







Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another New Year is Upon Us, Happy 2013!!



So here we are with another new year upon us. Have you made a resolution? Do you make a resolution every year that lasts a whole day or maybe a week like the majority of us? Do you think resolutions are good, bad, or indifferent? Is the start of a new year really something that means something to you? I am tossed on the whole subject. I love the idea of a new start and thinking about what might transpire in the turning of a calendar page. However, it’s not always that easy.

Personally, when I look back on 2012, I feel so very fortunate. My husband pointed out that we were fortunate enough to have not attended a funeral in 2012.  We were so lucky to continue to watch our children grow, learn, make us laugh, make us crazy and also realize how our relationship with each other can be tested from time to time.

I understand that there are so many people who did not have such a great year. Funerals were attended, relationships were tested and our children surely made us just a little crazy (and that is not just the people with kids living at home, even adult children can make parents just a little crazy too). But regardless of what is going on, my resolution (and some serious fingers crossed here) is to update this blog about three times a week on the topics of grief, parenting and relationships.  I completely understand that these topics don’t pertain to everyone at the surface. But they do. I am talking about the relationships we have with anyone. I am talking about being a parent to a person of any age. Grief is not just about death; it’s also about the things in our life we don’t have that we want. For instance, the baby you might be praying for, the relationship you wish you had, the person who was close to you and you aren't speaking to anymore… the list could go on and on. Regardless, these topics affect us all and I hope you read along this year.

I can’t take away the pain you might be feeling, but I can help you through it. I would love nothing more than to have more comments on here or other messages telling me what you want to hear about, that you agree or disagree, ideas for a new post on here, or of course that you might like to make an appointment to come see me in person! I am looking forward to a great year of new things for me both professionally and personally and wish the same for all of you!! Here is to an amazing 2013!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the updates and they always come at just the right time when what you post really hits home! Thanks and keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I appreciate the feedback and hope that this continues to be helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete