Welcome to my blog! Thanks for taking the time to check things out and I am hopeful that you will find the following posts helpful. I currently provide therapy to individuals over the age of 18 and would be happy to speak to you further about your counseling and mental health needs. My office is located in St. Charles, MO and I can be reached confidentially at 636-925-3808 or e-mail me at ldenisonlpc@gmail.com.







Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Husbands, Boyfriends, Significant Others and All You Other Men Out There Trying To Figure Out Women

Okay, I admit, that title might have been a little bit misleading….but sorry men, you will never figure women out and once you think you have, something else will change that, trust me on that one. Anyway, I just wanted to talk about a little know fact that I think most men miss when trying to make the female in their life happy. 

I will try to make this short and to the point. Women just want to be appreciated. Bottom line. Yes, we are brought up to want a knight in shining armor, blah blah blah. But we know that reality steps in and that isn’t what we are going to end up with in the midst of jobs, families, laundry, cooking, cleaning etc. And we are okay with that, we really are. However, in the day to day life that takes over, we just want to be reminded that we are number one in your life.

And here’s the new flash……we don’t need a ten course meal with champagne and roses and a carriage ride to end the evening. And I say that because in talking to my dear hubby and other men I know, that’s what I am hearing. I have heard that men believe that to show their love, that is what it will take to please the woman in their life. Guess what, not the case. Not the case at all my friends….

Stop and buy a $10 bouquet of flowers on your way home from work.
Make an appointment for her to get a pedicure or manicure or something else she really enjoys and force her to leave the house. Bonus points for making that appointment for BEFORE the kids are in bed.
Buy her favorite candy, beverage, magazine etc and leave it in an unsuspecting place that you know she will find. Then leave her alone for 20 minutes to enjoy it.
Stop at Hallmark and pick up several cheap I Love You type cards and give them to her throughout the year.
Turn off the TV and ask her if she would like to do something besides just sit on the couch that night. Take a walk, sit on the deck and listen to music or anything else you like to do together.
My point is, it truly is the little things in life that mean the most. Trust me on this. I dare you all to try a little something this week and see what happens. I think you will be surprised!

Have a great week everyone and I hope to get back on here much more often. Let me know what you think. I don’t get offended easily, so any comments are welcomed. I would love to hear that you think I am genius, I don’t know anything, things you would like me to address on here etc. So leave a comment here, or e-mail me at ldenisonlpc@gmail.com.  Happy Memorial Day to you all!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment